Why are my images redirected from cdn.shortpixel.ai?
This article applies to both ShortPixel Adaptive Image and Autoptimize.
There are generally 6 possible reasons why you notice that an image, instead of being served from ShortPixel's CDN, is served from the original location (after a temporary redirect, HTTP code 302 or 307):
- Many times there is a firewall preventing ShortPixel's servers from accessing the images on the original website. The solution is to whitelist ShortPixel's IPs as described here. You should whitelist these IPs on your CDN if necessary.
- The files aren't publicly accessible because they are on a website hosted on an intranet, the website is password protected or there are defined rules on your ".htaccess" file (usually for anti-hotlinking). The solution is to have the website hosted on the Internet, remove any password protection and make sure there are no ".htaccess" rules that may prevent ShortPixel's API from accessing the images.
- The first time an image is accessed, it will be registered for being processed by ShortPixel but for the customer not to wait a few seconds, the original image is immediately sent back via a HTTP redirect. The second time the image is accessed, the CDN hosted image should start showing up.
- There are no more image optimization credits in the account associated with the website where ShortPixel Adaptive Images or Autoptimize is installed. The solution is to purchase more credits.
- If there are enough credits in your account then most likely the domain/website where you're using SPAI or AO is not associated with your account. Please associate the domain to your account and the images should start being served by ShortPixel's CDN.
- The monthly CDN traffic quota has been exceeded. When this happens, the requests will be redirected to the original image. Please login to your account and go to the CDN Usage section to know when your monthly quota will reset.
If none of these reasons apply, we recommend flushing the redirected images from our CDN following these instructions and try again.