Error: "Invalid response from server"
The error message "Invalid response from server" can be sometimes puzzling, especially when the actual image exists and looks good when viewed in a browser.
If you receive this error, it might be that there is some output from another plugin (or some notice/warning) that corrupts the JSON answers of the AJAX calls of our plugin. To see this output, do the following
- Go to Media > Bulk ShortPixel
- Start optimizing your images (if you didn't do it yet)
- Open the Developer Tools of your browser (usually F12 on Windows, or Cmd-Opt-' on Mac)
Do as the screenshot shows:
- Click on the Network tab
- Select the XHR filter
- Click on any admin-ajax.php request
- Select the Response tab. What you see on the screenshot is the correct AJAX call.
If you don't see something similar, then we recommend you to try to find the conflicting plugin:
- Deactivate all plugins except ShortPixel
- Activate one by one the plugins. After each single activation, retry the bulk optimization until you find the plugin that corrupts the JSON responses.
If the above did not help, please have a look at Why some of the images and/or thumbnails cannot be optimized?
If the error is happening for all your images, please have a look at the following article and make sure all is in order: None of my images were optimized, why is that?