Dedicated servers - FAQ
If our monthly plans or custom plans do not meet your needs, we have dedicated servers available for you. Here's the most frequently asked questions.
I'd like to purchase a dedicated server. How does the process work?
The process works like this:
- You need to sign-up for a regular account @ ShortPixel
- Choose a server depending on your estimated monthly image optimization needs
- Contact us, let us know what server you chose, and we'll provide you with a payment link
- We install the server for you and connect it to your ShortPixel account
- Your account will be configured so that all your image optimization requests will only be processed on your own dedicated server. Obviously, your server will only be used to process images associated with your account.
- If you need, you can create API Key aliases or subaccounts.
How do I connect my website to my dedicated server?
The dedicated server is used via the same API Key available on your account with exactly the same features. The only notable differences are that
- The optimization will only be performed on your own dedicated server.
- There won't be any limitation on the number of images you can optimize except for the server's own physical/computing limitations.
How long are the optimized images kept on your servers? Can I increase this time?
We remove the records from the database and the images from disk every 30 minutes, otherwise the space on our servers could run out quickly.
The images are kept on the frontend servers after they are optimized, and not on the dedicated optimization server.
What if I need to upgrade to a more powerful server?
That's a smooth operation: we order a new server, install it and then just make the switch on the database, so the new one is being used instead of the old one. In other words, the process should be transparent to you.
A new server to be installed takes usually between 1-2 days.