How can I associate a domain to my account?
If you have a ShortPixel account, then you can also associate one or more domains to it, so those domains will start using your ShortPixel credits that you have purchased, via ShortPixel Adaptive Images, Autoptimize or one of our tools.
- Login to your account
- Select "Associate Domains" from the menu
Associate the domain(s) you want. Please read the important observations below.
- Please note that it may take up to 5 minutes, after you associated a domain, for the CDN to start serving the images instead of redirecting to origin.
- If you are using your own CDN, you'll have to associate your custom CNAME as well (see this for more information). For example, if your domain is
example.comand you configured SPAI to serve images from
cdn.example.com, you'll have to associate both
- If your assets (images, CSS, JS) are served from a custom and unique domain, you'll have to associate that domain as well. For example, if your domain is
example.comand some (or all) your assets are served from
k9u6i7t4.stackpathcdn.com, you'll have to associate both
- If you have ShortPixel Adaptive Images installed on a staging website (e.g.
staging.your-hosting-provider.com) you need to associate
staging.your-hosting-provider.comto your account as well.
- Do not associate any domain that is not unique and used only by you. For example, do not associate
instagram.com, because if you did so, everyone using SPAI and having assets loaded from
instagram.comwould use your credits!