How does ShortPixel Adaptive Images work?
Our new plugin analyzes the HTML/CSS and JS code on each of your website's pages and attempts to replace each original image with the right-sized & optimized image. Each replaced image is served from the ShortPixel CDN.
Some common questions and their answers:
- Question: Do I need to have the ShortPixel Image Optimizer plugin installed as well?
- Answer: No, there is no need to have it installed. Here's how they compare.
- Q: Do I need to have my images optimized by the ShortPixel Image Optimizer before using the ShortPixel Adaptive Images plugin?
- A: No, there is no need to have the images optimized but if you did optimize them, make sure you choose the Glossy or Lossless compression options for best results.
- Q: Is the SPAI plugin able to handle WebP images?
- A: As long as you activate the option WebP Support under Settings > ShortPixel AI > General, yes, it should automatically detect whether the visitor's browser supports WebP and serve WebP images instead of their original format.
- Q: Are my image files physically replaced?
- A: No, your original files will never be touched. SPAI only replaces the URL on each of your pages so they are served from our CDN, not the original URL of the file.
Have a look at our Step-by-step guide to install and use ShortPixel Adaptive Images (SPAI) to get started!