This plugin is creating new thumbnails, how can I stop it?
In the past, WordPress only created 3 thumbnail sizes by default, which can be edited on Settings > Media and everybody knew about them:
- Thumbnail: default size 150x150
- Medium: default size 300x300
- Large: default size 1024x1024
Recently, though, new thumbnails have been introduced by WordPress and they can't be easily disabled or edited. These are:
- Medium Large (registered in WordPress as medium_large): maximum size 768px wide
- 2x Medium Large (registered in WordPress as 1536x1536): maximum size 1536px
- 2x Large (registered in WordPress as 2048x2048): maximum size 2048px
- Scaled (it adds the suffix "-scaled" to the image): maximum size 2560px
Since they cannot be edited and they are not listed anywhere, it is normal to think that one of our plugins created those out of nowhere. These thumbnails are created by WordPress, not by ShortPixel.
To stop generating those, you can do a quick search on Google. For example, this article explains it well: https://perishablepress.com/disable-wordpress-generated-images/