How to use the Image Checker tool
Starting with version 2, ShortPixel Adaptive Images offers a straightforward tool to check the status of the optimized images on a page of your site. Just log in to your admin and then visit your website. In the top bar you will notice a ShortPixel icon:
Click on that icon and a tag will appear for each image: CDN or ORIGIN. CDN means the image is served from our CDN and ORIGIN that it's served from the original URL.
Also the cursor will change to a cross (⌖) and when you click on an image, you will get additional info and actions:
There popup displays info about scaling and byte size and also offers the following actions:
- "Exclude images like this one from optimization." - enables you to exclude the images that are displayed in the same way/place in all the pages, based on a CSS selector. More details below.
- "Exclude this image URL." - Will exclude only this image, based on its URL.
- "Do not resize images like this one." - Same as action 1. but will only prevent these images from being resized
- "Do not lazy-load images like this one." - Same as action 1. but will only prevent these images from being lazy-loaded
- "Refresh on CDN." - will send a request to our API to refresh the image on our CDN. This is useful if you edited the image and replaced it keeping the same file name (for example using the Enable Media Replace plugin) so the URL did not change.
- CSS Selector Reference
- Video: CSS selectors made easy
- CSS Selectors Tutorial
- An Intro to CSS: Finding CSS Selectors